Ms. MeLissa

My photo
I am a strait shooter, a smart ass, independent, loyal, stubborn, attractive, kind, sexy, crazy, grounded, confused, funny and completely sane. I have a ten year old daughter, she is a better person than anyone I have ever known and my heart grew three sizes the day I met her. I am a 35 year old widow that had an awesome marriage for eleven years and I am entering the dating world. For the most part men seem scared to death of me and some have told me that I am too confident to approach. I am working on becoming a better me, without losing me in the process. These are my tales of discovery and disaster as a born again single.

Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year?

I went out with a girlfriend who was in from out of town for New Years Eve.  We started off at a low-key house party.  About 11:30 she said she wanted to go to a bar that I happen to hate. She wanted to go there because a guy that she hooked up with once was going to be there.  

The only thing she could really remember about the guy was his name and that he had on Sponge Bob boxers when they did the deed.  She wanted to kiss someone at mid-night and I couldn't blame her.  I have been un-kissed at mid-night for the last couple years so I was o.k. with helping her satisfy her goal.  We went to the bar.  

The best way to describe this bar is the special Olympics for drinkers.  Every single person in this bar smokes.  No exceptions, they all smoke.  Most of the men have facial hair, flannel shirts and are wearing Wrangler jeans.  The women are wearing stone washed jeans, banana clips and look like 'Sun-In' is their hair product of choice.  These people actually kind of scare me.... so I stick close to my friend.  Mid-night comes, she gets her kiss.  I dance with freaks to typical New Years songs and then we went back to my house.  We set around recounting sad tales from New Years past and we went to bed.

I am o.k. with it....  This is the first year since my husband died that I didn't start the New Year thinking.  "Crap, here we go again".  So I guess that is a good sign.

BTW---
I have successfully been dodging Mickey Mouse.  A.K.A. Choir Boy.  I don't want to speak to him.   I would like to shake him from my brain like you shake a picture from an etch-a-sketch.  I know it is so childish of me not to take his calls but I am not sure what to say to him.  "Hey, that was some of the worst sex ever".  "Hey your House of Mouse creeped me out"!

No comments:

Post a Comment