Ms. MeLissa

My photo
I am a strait shooter, a smart ass, independent, loyal, stubborn, attractive, kind, sexy, crazy, grounded, confused, funny and completely sane. I have a ten year old daughter, she is a better person than anyone I have ever known and my heart grew three sizes the day I met her. I am a 35 year old widow that had an awesome marriage for eleven years and I am entering the dating world. For the most part men seem scared to death of me and some have told me that I am too confident to approach. I am working on becoming a better me, without losing me in the process. These are my tales of discovery and disaster as a born again single.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Single Again - Why I am here.

I started this blog because I cannot believe how the dating world has changed.  I have been widowed for over two years.  My husband died after eleven years of marriage at the young age of 36. We had a great marriage and I never intended on being single again.

Movies and T.V. make it look like once you are single you just hang a shingle on your front door "open for business" and the dates start rushing in.  I guess that is kind of like on T.V. trials go to court and are decided in the same episode.

I have dated some and this will be a record of the craziness of my journey.  I would like people to also post here.... good stories, bad stories, funny, scary, helpful.... you get the point. 

So grab your girlfriend and when you have a date tell everyone about it.... I have some pretty funny ones I will be sharing.  Some old stories, some new... maybe some borrowed.

This is gonna be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment